2.02.2015

its only been a day


It's only been a day.

It's only been a day, since the world lost a spit fire, a woman who would teach me more than I'll ever realize.  
A woman who constantly wrote me letters in her beautiful cursive handwriting that I've admired since I was a little girl.  
A woman who could make me laugh harder than anyone on this great planet, who would tell me stories of the past, and try her best to instill some of that hard earned wisdom in me.
A woman as forgiving as spring, and as steadfast as the mountains.
A woman who saw the world through some of it's most revolutionary times, each wrinkle on her hand seeming to tell a story of the full and wonderful life that she lived.
A woman who spent the last few years of her life in a tough place, filled with suffering but times of laughter and happiness sprinkled throughout.

So many 'I wish I would have's'...running through my mind...but I can't go there, I have to maintain the positive energy and faith that is telling me I know exactly where she is.
That she is looking down on me right now, and will be by my side for the rest of my life

Its only been a day, and there are so many more to go, but I find comfort in knowing that you are at peace. 

Love with all my heart,
Paige


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© paiges.of.nothing | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig